Deciding between custom and stock kitchen cabinets can take a lot of effort when planning to design or remodel your kitchen. Both have pros and cons, so choose them according to your preferences. You may need to pay attention to design style according to your needs and budget concerns. That’s why Five Cabinetry is here to assist you in making the right choice for your kitchen cabinets with a brief comparison.
Before diving into the discussion of the pros and cons, we first need to understand the difference between custom and stock kitchen cabinets.
Custom Kitchen Cabinets
Custom Kitchen Cabinets are unique cabinet designs according to specific kitchen requirements based on dimensions and functional needs with elegant look preferences. These cabinets are made of high-quality materials ensuring their durability, which is a key characteristics of high quality cabinets. It is a good option for those who want to reflect their taste to customize their kitchen.
These cabinets offer flexibility in selecting color options and exact measurements for your kitchen space with a decent design choice. Further, it provides special storage design features to add other functionalities.
Stock Kitchen Cabinets
Stock kitchen cabinets are pre-simulated cabinets available in standard sizes with affordable prices to purchase urgently with no specific requirements. These cabinets have limited options for design with other relevant storage factors. So, it doesn’t offer any facility for customization to upgrade the Storage or any other accessories with cabinets. But it has a facility of budget-friendly services to fulfil your requirements in no time.
• Customization Option: Custom cabinets offer you a choice of design, shape, colour, storage space and final finishing service. You can make specific decisions for dimensions.
• Premium Quality: Custom Cabinets provide a premium quality material to maintain durability. Thus, it offers a facility for choosing the wood material with other colour selection options.
• Optimized Storage: These cabinets offer maximum storage space per your requirements with a devoted design for an optimal kitchen layout.
• Exceptional Features: Custom cabinets provide an option for further functional features such as customized organizers and pull-out shelves to upgrade functionalities.
What are the Pros and Cons of Custom Cabinets
Custom Cabinets Pros
Custom Cabinets Cons
• Costly: These cabinets are a bit pricey, in the $1200 per linear foot range. Significantly, material and design formation with additional features can uplift the price for the customization option.
• Extra Lead Time: These cabinets demand additional time for the final installation and may take up to a month to be finalized. Further, customized accessories with a dedicated design may require more installation time.
What are the Pros and Cons of Stock Cabinets
Stock Cabinets Pros
• Reasonable Price: Stock cabinets are easy to afford, so they are a good option to keep within budget.
• Pre-Made Service: You don’t need to queue in the customization option as these are ready-made kitchen cabinets.
• Easy to Install: These cabinets have easy installation service, ultimately saving you time for complex processes.
• Variety Options: Stock cabinets have various options to select according to your kitchen design with colour coordination.
Stock Cabinets Cons
• Limited Options: For Design Apart from various options, Stock cabinets have limited formal designs to opt for your kitchen.
• Low Quality: These cabinets don’t have a facility of high-quality material to select for long durability with maintenance. Thus, these are not sturdy enough to be utilized for a long time.
• Standard Size: Since these are standard sizes, you can not have any other option to utilize extra space with cabinets.
Custom vs Stock Kitchen Cabinets Price
Let’s look at the pricing strategy of both Custom and Stock Kitchen Cabinets. After understanding all the relevant customization factors, you can estimate the cost. Custom cabinets are much more expensive, in the range of $500 to $1200 per linear foot, according to their customization.
Meanwhile, Stock cabinets are under the average price range of $150 to $300 for final installation. These are not specific price ranges for both; they can be varied according to your requirements. So, keep in mind the variety of options for various cabinets as per quality.
In conclusion, the option between custom and stock kitchen cabinets depends on your personal design and budget requirements. So, if you are looking for a unique and elegant design with a big budget, go for Custom Kitchen Cabinets with your priority. Meanwhile, budget is your main concern with no time availability, so you should select stock kitchen cabinets. Both have their preferences according to your customization or pricing factors requirements to make a final decision according to your lead time.
So, now you can choose the options of tailored kitchen cabinets vs. ready-made ones according to your preferences. Fivecabinetry provides a service of Custom Kitchen Cabinets with a commitment to quality and attention to detail. Significantly, they take pride in their craftsmanship, focusing solely on every cabinet. Contact us for exceptional services to customize your kitchen cabinets per your preferences.