Color scheme matters to represent your Kitchen theme’s final look with the appropriate cabinet finish selection. No matter if you plan to design your Kitchen with new cabinets or want to renovate the previous one.
The cabinet finish defines the final look of the Kitchen. It can be either painted or stained. The choice is yours! There is a substantial difference between painted and stained cabinets. In between painted vs stained cabinets It’s your personal choice to select between them for your cabinet’s final look to style your Kitchen. It defines the layout and makes it look dapper to open personal preferences.
So, choose wisely the suitable one for your Kitchen to have the decent look that you want to achieve, as both of these have their pros & cons to understand their key elements. Thus, this blog will share a brief difference between both cabinets to consider relevant factors.
What is a Painted Cabinet?
Painted Cabinets are made of light-colored wood, just like maple or birch. It requires a primer, a coat of base, and final paint layers to have a last look as a painted cabinet. These painted cabinets have a thicker layer of paint with a uniform surface to get a smooth texture.
- Color Options: Painted cabinets offer various color coordination schemes to select the perfect finish for your Kitchen. You can easily select practically any paint to compare or contrast with your kitchen theme.
- Contemporary Look: Paint finish on cabinets generally gives a more practical and modern look to have a clean and perfect one. It is an excellent choice to go for a simple and sleek design to paint your Kitchen cabinets to update the final touch of the new theme.
- Concealing Wood Grain: Paint is an effective solution to hide the wooden grain on Kitchen cabinets. It gives a smooth texture finish to the surface for a sleek display.
- Maintenance: Painted cabinets can show scratches and chips, which require more attention for maintenance. Make sure to touch up cabinets in time to maintain the quality. Thus, a touch-up is necessary to keep the finish look adequate.
- Versatility: These painted cabinets are versatile and have long-term durability with the service of repaint in case you change your mind about a new color theme.
Also Read: Best Cabinet Finishes for Modern Kitchen
What is a Stained Cabinet?
Stained cabinets are significantly made of dark and sturdy wood to showcase the natural pattern and texture on the surface. It requires a stained layer initially and a sealer to cover the final topcoat for the finish. These cabinets range from light brown to darker shades to bring the last look of a naturally stained theme.
- Natural Wood Beauty: Staining is a satisfactory solution for high-quality wooden cabinets to maintain the natural beauty and grain of the wood to show through. Staining enriches the intrinsic design and beauty of cabinets for a long time.
- Classic and Timeless: Stained cabinets give a natural and warm look to any kitchen cabinet with the addition of fine texture and depth in its tone. It provides a classic, timeless look that fulfills the interior design style. The blend of traditional and rustic styles allows for a touch of refinement and intricacy.
- Durability: Stains are the perfect choice to enhance the look of wooden cabinets with excellent design. It spikes in the cabinets’ deep pores, making it more durable to prevent any cracks and flaking for a better lifetime.
- Easy Maintenance: Stained cabinets are a reasonable option for facing any maintenance matter from time to time. For instance, it covers scratches or wear and manages the natural look with a rustic and charming display blend. These cabinets are particularly adept at blending a rustic charm with a durable and long-lasting finish, qualities that are essential characteristics of high-quality cabinets. Thus, it is a good-to-go option while considering the hassle-free stained cabinets.
- Warmth: Stained shades on Kitchen cabinets add a touch of warmth and richness. It defines a relaxing and inviting atmosphere to achieve the desired feel.
These painted vs stained cabinets provide a clean and clear vibe of a decent Kitchen theme with a smooth and flawless finish. You can have a primary choice for both of these cabinets as per their durability to keep the quality for a period. Eventually, you can choose between stained vs painted cabinets according to your Kitchen theme with the personal touch of your taste preference. This blog shares a quick overview of these cabinets’ finish to understand the maintenance requirements for your satisfaction. Firstly, consider all these factors mentioned to make a final choice with the overall design and theme of your Kitchen.
At Five Cabinetry, look at our professional design to get an idea. Further, you can consult us for personal advice to have more briefing on your choice to make a decent design. We have a designer team of professionals to design your cabinets with modern and unique values.